Flu and Pneumonia Shot Clinic
South Hall–Booth 3004
Flu shots and pneumonia vaccines will be provided by the Baltimore County Department of Aging at the Expo on October 4, from 9 a.m. until 6 p.m. and October 5, from 9 a.m. until 4 p.m., in the Cow Palace of the Timonium Fairgrounds.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommend a flu shot if you are over 50 or have:
- high blood pressure
- an irregular heartbeat
- a history of stroke or heart attack
- a chronic respiratory disorder
- a compromised immune system
The shots and vaccines will be provided at no cost for Medicare B beneficiaries. The following other insurances will be accepted:
- Aetna participants: Free flu shots, $95 pneumonia shots
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts participants: Free flu shots, $95 pneumonia shots
- Healthspring participants: Free flu shots and free pneumonia shots
- Humana participants: Free flu shots and free pneumonia shots
- Independence Blue Cross Blue Shield participants: Free flu shots, $95 pneumonia shots
- Sierra Health and Life participants: Free flu shots, $95 pneumonia shots
- SummaCare participants: Free flu shots and free pneumonia shots
- Private Pay Cost to all others will be $35 low dose (Quadrivalent) flu shots, $80 high dose (FluAD) flu shots and $95 pneumonia shots, cash or checks made payable to Maxim Healthcare Services
Flu shots and pneumonia vaccines will be available at Baltimore County senior centers as well as the Expo. Be sure to mark your calendars.
Baltimore County State Health Insurance Assistance Program Outreach
South Hall–Booth 3013
The State Health Insurance Assistance Program (SHIP) will offer one-on-one assistance to Medicare beneficiaries. Since the Expo takes place right before open enrollment for Part D Prescription drug plans, this is the perfect opportunity to verify that your drug plan is the most economical for your prescription needs. Bring your drug list including dosage and frequency, your Medicare card, and any other information about your drug coverage.
Due to the fact that drug plan formularies, deductibles and costs are allowed to change each year, everyone should research their drug plan annually.
South Hall–Booth 3011
The Pamper Yourself Area of the Expo provides beauty services to Expo guests free of charge: manicures, nail polish, hair comb outs, hair curling and beauty consultations. Services are offered courtesy of Carver High School of Technology and Western School of Technology and Environmental Sciences students.
Baltimore County Department of Health and Human Services
South Hall–Booth 3005
Baltimore County Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) promotes well-being among individuals and families by providing quality health, housing, and social services. During the Expo, HHS staff will make strides towards the HHS vision of a county where people lead healthy, safe, productive lives by providing attendees with an array of valuable information and services.
HHS staff want to help you Reimagine Aging! So, stop by the HHS booth for a blood pressure check, HIV test, visual acuity, and glaucoma and depression screenings. You can receive information and consult with staff about preparing for an emergency, adult immunization schedules, dental health resources, community-based services to adults, cancer prevention, tobacco cessation and home energy assistance programs. Learn about lead poisoning prevention and the Women, Infants and Children program.
While doing your rounds, visit with pets that are available for adoption from the Baltimore County Animal Shelter, and consider opening your heart and home to an unforgettable friend. Already have a pet? Be sure to get information on low-cost spay and neuter services, microchipping, and rabies clinics available year-round.